MBBS ( Gold Medalist), Calcutta Medical College ( CMC), MD Internal Medicine, AIIMS, DM Cardiology, AIIMS
Dr. Suman Karmakar, MBBS, MD (Medicine, AIIMS), DM (Cardiology, AIIMS) did his basic medical degree from Calcutta Medical College. M.D.(Medicine) from All India Institute Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. Senior Resident (Emergency Medicine) from JPN Apex Trauma Centre, All India Institute Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. D.M. (Cardiology) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India...
1. Junior Residency (MD Medicine), AIIMS, New Delhi: July 2008 - June 2011
2. Senior residency (non-academic) in Emergency Medicine, JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi: August 2011 - December 2013
3. Senior resident (DM Cardiology), AIIMS, New Delhi: January 2014 - July 2016
1. 1st in Madhyamik Pariksha, 1999
2. 11th in Higher Secondary Examination, 2001
3. 4th in Medical and 13th in Engineering in WBJEE, 2001
4. Honours (MBBS) in
5. Gold medal (MBBS) in
6. Ranked 1st in University in the final professional MBBS examination
7. Ranked 2nd in AIIMS PG entrance examination for July session, 2008
1. Karmakar S, Sharma SK, Vashishtha R, Sharma A, Ranjan S, Gupta D, Sreenivas V, Sinha S, Biswas A, Gulati V. Clinical characteristics of tuberculosis-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in North Indian population of HIV/AIDS patients receiving HAART. Clin Dev Immunol. 2011;2011:239021.
2. Anita Saxena, Suman Karmakar, Rajiv Narang. Images in intervention: Successful Percutaneous Device Closure of Right Ventricular Perforation During Pericardiocentesis. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9(22):e221.
1. Principal investigator in "Incidence, risk factors and immunology of TB-IRIS in HIV positive patients receiving HAART"- MD dissertation
2. Principal investigator in "Cardiovascular assessment in patients with chronic liver disease" - DM dissertation
3. Co-investigator in "Role of chronic inflammation as a risk factor for atrial fibrillation in rheumatic mitral stenosis: can inflammatory biomarkers predict occurrence of atrial fibrillation?"- DM dissertation (ICMR funded project)